The surge of Timber Frame homes in Ireland has been on the rise for the past 10 years. There are many clear reasons why Self Builders and homeowners prefer to build with timber frame including:
- Cost-effectiveness: Timber frame construction is often more cost effective than traditional brick and mortar construction, making it an attractive option for homeowners looking to save money. Timber frame homes can be built faster than traditional brick and mortar homes, reducing labor costs and minimizing construction-related expenses.
- Speed of Construction: Timber frame homes can be built faster than traditional homes, reducing construction time and allowing homeowners to move in sooner.
- Energy Efficiency: Timber frame homes have excellent insulation properties, reducing heating and cooling costs and providing a more comfortable living environment. Timber frame in Ireland is highly durable and long-lasting despite what you hear, a Timber Frame house will be standing for a very long time with no costly repairs and replacements over time.
- Sustainability: Timber is a renewable resource, making it an eco-friendly building material that contributes to sustainability and reduces the carbon footprint of the home.
- Customizability: Timber frame homes can be designed and constructed to meet the specific needs and preferences of homeowners, allowing for greater flexibility and customization.
- Resale Value: Timber frame homes tend to have a higher resale value, providing homeowners with a return on investment over time
Overall, the combination of cost-effectiveness, speed of construction, energy efficiency, sustainability, and customizability make timber frame construction a popular choice for people in Ireland.
QTF Timber frame construction can cost less in several ways:
- Material Costs: Timber is a relatively inexpensive building material, and the manufacturing process for timber frame components is efficient, reducing costs further.
- Speed of Construction: As mentioned Timber frame homes in Ireland can be built faster than traditional brick-and-mortar homes, reducing labor costs and minimizing construction-related expenses.
- Efficient Use of Materials: Timber Frame Kits are made in our controlled factory here in Northern Ireland, pre-fabrication allows us to use the correct materials more efficiently than traditional construction methods, reducing waste and reducing costs.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Timber frame homes are highly durable and require less maintenance than traditional homes, reducing long-term maintenance costs.
- Energy Efficiency: No other building material is as energy efficient as Timber Frame.
Timber frame homes are energy efficient for several reasons:
- Insulation: Timber frame homes are designed with insulation in mind, using materials that have high insulation values and minimize thermal bridging. This helps to keep the home warm in winter and cool in summer, reducing energy costs for heating and cooling.
- Air Tightness: Timber frame homes are built to be airtight, reducing the amount of air that escapes and enters the home. This reduces heat loss in winter and helps to keep the home cool in summer, improving energy efficiency.
- Materials: Timber frame homes are often built with sustainably sourced materials, reducing the carbon footprint of the home and contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Passive Solar Design: Timber frame homes can be designed to take advantage of passive solar heating, reducing the need for heating systems and improving energy efficiency.
- Ventilation: Timber frame homes are designed with efficient ventilation systems, reducing the need for air conditioning and improving indoor air quality.
Overall, the combination of low material costs, efficient construction, efficient use of materials, low maintenance costs, and energy efficiency contribute to the lower cost of timber frame construction compared to traditional construction methods such as block build homes.
Find our more about building a Timber Frame in Ireland